Analysing my Survey
Results:
As a part of
my research for my music magazine, I gave out a 13 question long survey. This
was so I know about the way different age groups and nationalities interacted
and felt towards music magazines. Therefore, I know what groups of diverse
people like about magazines and what they dislike. So then with that
information I can make my magazine the best of my ability.
During, this I discovered many different things, such as reliability of others. For example I had to re-do my surveys as the first group of people I surveyed, some decided to responded in an immature way and others copied each other’s answers. This taught me about the ways and things that happen when you hand out surveys and ask for public response.
I then got another rage of people to do my surveys and then I had a mixture of surveys from both classes. I put the people I surveyed in groups. Therefore, I had 11-12 years old, 13-14 years old, 15-16 years old and 18+ . This was so I could see how the different age ranges responded, so I know how to target my audience. The age range in the 18+ section is big because I have somebody who is 18 and somebody who is in their forty's.This allows me to see what older people thinking about music magazines as well as the young. Later on, because the survey is also split up into genders I can then see the difference between genders and age. As, I have chosen my magazine to be an international magazine I also surveyed two girls from France and two girls from America. This is so, I can see how different nationalities respond and interact with music magazines and to see how things are different in other countries compared to the UK so then I can include some international features.This will then help me to make my own music magazine.
After the surveys had been filled out by the different groups of people, I put each group into a bar chart so I could compare between boys and girls as well age. By doing this it will help me decide what features to include in my own magazine and how to have it. The first question was about how often people read music magazines and the most popular answer appeared to be ‘rarely’. This then shows me that people do not enjoy music magazines as well as suggesting that they are not very popular. Therefore, I need to change this in order for my magazine to appeal and become popular. Therefore, this means I need to make my magazine different and stand out and make people want to pick it up and read it. The second question I asked people was what favourite genre of music was their favourite. The most popular proved to be ‘POP’. However, my magazine is international with a range of genres and I have already pre-decided that I won’t be including a lot of the pop genre as from other previous research pop already seems to be very popular and common. However, it will feature as one of my minor music genres.
The most popular answer to the third question suggests that a lot of popular artists need to be in my magazine as the answer said that most people read music magazines in order to read about their favourite artist. Therefore, I will have to include a lot of known and popular artists in order to gain a lot of buyers. The answer to the next question is very interesting and also helpful as well. It tells me that £2 is the most popular price that somebody would spend on a magazine. This is helpful because now I know what price my magazine could be. I also found out from the surveys I did from America and France the prices in euros and dollars which I can also include in my magazine. Question 6, gave people the opportunity to select their favourite music magazine. For this question, the most popular answer proved to be Top of the pops which again proves that the pop genre is very popular as the genre for top of the pops is POP. This then suggests to me that I need to include some features that top of the pops have and also make my magazine similar to top of the pops.
However, this would then mean changing my target audience and genre as well as theme and I would not want to do this as it would make my magazine blend in with the rest and not stand out how I want it to. This answer helped me see what magazine was the most popular. Question 8, indirectly surveyed people on the Katz and Bulmer theory. I did this purposely so I could see which section people fitted in to. The most popular answer proved to be that people generally read magazines to ‘entertain themselves’. This then tells me what I need to include, in order to achieve in entertaining. Question 9 was very helpful as it told me that most magazine get released monthly helping me decide how often my magazine should get released.
The other questions did not have boxes to tick unlike these questions. Therefore this gave people the opportunity to say what they wanted freely. I have not put these answers into a graph or bar chart like these answers. Instead, I have gone through the answers and wrote down some of my favourite and common answers. I will then uses these answers as features in my magazine and include the factors and ideas people have said in my magazine. Therefore, I am trying to my magazine appeal to the target audience. The answers to those questions will help me determine the outcome of my magazine. As well as choose the important features for my magazine.
During, this I discovered many different things, such as reliability of others. For example I had to re-do my surveys as the first group of people I surveyed, some decided to responded in an immature way and others copied each other’s answers. This taught me about the ways and things that happen when you hand out surveys and ask for public response.
I then got another rage of people to do my surveys and then I had a mixture of surveys from both classes. I put the people I surveyed in groups. Therefore, I had 11-12 years old, 13-14 years old, 15-16 years old and 18+ . This was so I could see how the different age ranges responded, so I know how to target my audience. The age range in the 18+ section is big because I have somebody who is 18 and somebody who is in their forty's.This allows me to see what older people thinking about music magazines as well as the young. Later on, because the survey is also split up into genders I can then see the difference between genders and age. As, I have chosen my magazine to be an international magazine I also surveyed two girls from France and two girls from America. This is so, I can see how different nationalities respond and interact with music magazines and to see how things are different in other countries compared to the UK so then I can include some international features.This will then help me to make my own music magazine.
After the surveys had been filled out by the different groups of people, I put each group into a bar chart so I could compare between boys and girls as well age. By doing this it will help me decide what features to include in my own magazine and how to have it. The first question was about how often people read music magazines and the most popular answer appeared to be ‘rarely’. This then shows me that people do not enjoy music magazines as well as suggesting that they are not very popular. Therefore, I need to change this in order for my magazine to appeal and become popular. Therefore, this means I need to make my magazine different and stand out and make people want to pick it up and read it. The second question I asked people was what favourite genre of music was their favourite. The most popular proved to be ‘POP’. However, my magazine is international with a range of genres and I have already pre-decided that I won’t be including a lot of the pop genre as from other previous research pop already seems to be very popular and common. However, it will feature as one of my minor music genres.
The most popular answer to the third question suggests that a lot of popular artists need to be in my magazine as the answer said that most people read music magazines in order to read about their favourite artist. Therefore, I will have to include a lot of known and popular artists in order to gain a lot of buyers. The answer to the next question is very interesting and also helpful as well. It tells me that £2 is the most popular price that somebody would spend on a magazine. This is helpful because now I know what price my magazine could be. I also found out from the surveys I did from America and France the prices in euros and dollars which I can also include in my magazine. Question 6, gave people the opportunity to select their favourite music magazine. For this question, the most popular answer proved to be Top of the pops which again proves that the pop genre is very popular as the genre for top of the pops is POP. This then suggests to me that I need to include some features that top of the pops have and also make my magazine similar to top of the pops.
However, this would then mean changing my target audience and genre as well as theme and I would not want to do this as it would make my magazine blend in with the rest and not stand out how I want it to. This answer helped me see what magazine was the most popular. Question 8, indirectly surveyed people on the Katz and Bulmer theory. I did this purposely so I could see which section people fitted in to. The most popular answer proved to be that people generally read magazines to ‘entertain themselves’. This then tells me what I need to include, in order to achieve in entertaining. Question 9 was very helpful as it told me that most magazine get released monthly helping me decide how often my magazine should get released.
The other questions did not have boxes to tick unlike these questions. Therefore this gave people the opportunity to say what they wanted freely. I have not put these answers into a graph or bar chart like these answers. Instead, I have gone through the answers and wrote down some of my favourite and common answers. I will then uses these answers as features in my magazine and include the factors and ideas people have said in my magazine. Therefore, I am trying to my magazine appeal to the target audience. The answers to those questions will help me determine the outcome of my magazine. As well as choose the important features for my magazine.
Note:
During the
mutli-answer questions where I gave the people doing the survey the opportunity
to tick a box I also gave them the opportunity to tick the ‘other’ or ‘none’ box.
Here, the person I either didn’t give a reason or wrote a specific reason. I
have not done anything with these answers but will source if I need them to
help me complete my magazine.
No comments:
Post a Comment