Sunday, 16 March 2014

Evaluation Three

Evaluation three:  What kind of media institutions might distribute your media product and why?

Introduction:
Because my media product is international and therefore aiming to go out to as many different countries as possible, I think that an international distributor or an English, America, French etc. distributor would distribute my media product due to the fact that it an international magazine.

Also, because my magazine was produced by an amature, only small companies would realistically want to buy into the magazine to distribute it. But, in order to make it big it would need a disruption company with a positive reputation. Therefore, I have quickly researched international magazine distributors and found one called 'Seymour's'. Until, today I had never heard of it but the company says they are the biggest international distributors in the UK, they also mention on their web page that they distribute to over 90 different countries.

 Because of this I feel that I would pick 'Seymour' to distribute my magazine, as I would want my magazine to go to over 90 different countries in order to become known, popular and have a good reputation. As well as this 'Seymour' are also placed in the UK where the production of my magazine took place, therefore this also makes it ideal. Unfortunately, this company is a big company therefore it is unlikely that my magazine would get noticed by them, therefore I/me as the producer of the magazine, would have to have a lot of determination in order to get my magazine noticed and distributed by them.

Consequently, another way in which my magazine could distributed (and also put on the market at the same time) is through the use of convergence. This could be factors such as advertising my magazine on television, in the appropriate language to the country as well as advertising through social networking as social networking is already very much international.

However, as I have mentioned before my magazine is only made by me and I am an amateur meaning it will not be very well known and therefore only small distribution companies would want to distribute my magazine. This means that my magazine would not get distributed around the world and this is not ideal as my music magazine is international. Therefore, if I wanted a big and well-known company (such as IPC) to distribute my magazine then it would most likely cost a lot of money and this would be difficult as I am only an amateur at producing a magazine.


As well as this there are obviously other magazines, which do not aim to be international but have been shipped over and known worldwide. These magazines are more popular and have a bigger fan base compared to mine. These magazines also are most likely to come from strong and big distribution companies. Therefore, my magazine has some hard opposition.



No comments:

Post a Comment